[Python-ideas] Logging: a more perseverent version of the StreamHandler?

liam marsh liam.marsh.home at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:43:25 EST 2018

Hello, and sorry for the late answer,

Le 29/01/2018 à 01:41, Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
> [...]
> I'll comment on the email: for some reason, the implementation you
> give has extraneous pipes | at the start and end of each line, e.g.:
This is... unexpected, and doesn't even show on my version of the mail.
My guess is some formatting happening behind the scenes
> (Code being emailed probably needs to stay below 78 characters per line
> to avoid being wrapped at the ends of lines.)
I will try to remember this.

Oh, and something I forgot in my last e-mail:
credit for the |`stdout_redirected()`| contextmanager:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4675728/redirect-stdout-to-a-file-in-python.