Odd COM problems with VC

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Mar 8 17:12:37 EST 2000

<jim_kerr at my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8a6cq6$421$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
>   I'm trying to use Python's COM facilities to
> control a build in Visual C++.
> I've run into some problems that don't make sense
> to me at all (not surprising,
> since I don't know COM).

Hopefully Roger's code has got you on the right track.

> But here's the odd thing:
> from this point on, no matter what I type at the
> PythonWin prompt, a dialog appears
> that says:
>
>   'The topic does not exist. Contact your
> application vendor for an updated
>    Help file (129)'

hehe - I just responded to this bug 30 seconds ago - it is a bug in
the interactive window (Pythonwin thinks you have selected the COM
error line, and is attempting to open the help topic for you)  - try
removing the last error line with the mouse.

Mark.