C++ / Java / Python (was Status of C++)

see_plus_plus at my-deja.com see_plus_plus at my-deja.com
Sat Mar 4 17:41:21 EST 2000

"Much of the relative simplicity of Java is - like for most new
languages - partly an illusion and partly a function of its
incompleteness. As time passes, Java will grow significantly in size and
complexity. It will double or triple in size and grow
implementation-dependent extensions or libraries. That is the way every
commercially successful language has developed. Just look at any
language you consider successful on a large scale. I know of no
exceptions, and there are good reasons for this phenomenon. -
<Bjarne Stroustroup>

The same can be said for Perl/Tcl/Python/Rebol/Ruby/etc.

cpp

In article <38C16B0F.2A50 at letterror.com>,
  just at letterror.com wrote:
> dickjoe_nospam_ at mindspring.com:
>
> > C++ is pretty much the default choice for "serious" software, and
> > in that I incude "system" and "application" programming.
>
> "Starting a project with C/C++ is a premature optimization."
>
> (Apparently by someone named Peter Jensen)
>
> Just

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.