Python 3000

effbot at pythonware.com effbot at pythonware.com
Mon Mar 27 13:08:42 EST 2000

Michael Sobolev wrote:
> I do not know whether this is a proper place to ask this question. :)
>
> When I got Python 3000 sources (from CVS) and tried to build it, I saw
> that it uses VERSION="1.5" all the time.  Is it by design?  I mean
this
> prevents me from direct installing this new version as it's going to
> replace the files from existing python 1.5.2...

Python 3000 is a code name for a future redesign of
the python language.

The stuff in CVS is "bleeding edge python", and is
currently known as "1.5.2+".  To use this in paralell,
just install it by hand (copy the interpreter and the
Lib directory to some suitable location).

1.6 alphas will be available soonish.

</F>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.