Python and Windows Scripting Host

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at gssec.bt.co.uk
Thu Mar 2 09:37:56 EST 2000

Don Tuttle wrote:
> I've never used WSH and was wondering if any of you have
> ever used Python(PyScript?) with it?

Where do I get pyscript - I looked in the winall dist
but couldn't see it.

My forthcoming book uses Python and WSH(VBScript
and JScript) but it would be nice to tie all three
languages together in an Appendix or something!

> Any advantage over Python & win32all?

An easier to use object model for running apps in
windows and accessing files, the registry etc.

The distributed access to remote printers, network drives in
WSH is much easier than using the Win32 API from pythonwin!

> Disadvantages?

It's slower.

Alan G.