will python 3000 break my code?

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Wed Mar 1 14:13:40 EST 2000

Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware.com> wrote:
> This is the silliest thing i've ever heard.

really?

> Sorry, that's just not the way it works.
> This is a *BUG*. NOT A FEATURE.

then why is the 1.5.2 standard library (huge parts of which
are written by Guido) using this all over the place?

> Mainly Idiot programmers (sorry, but i'm referring to the idiots specifically
> coding assuming a *BUG* would always exist. It's different to make a mistake,
> or check for a bug. But to simply assume no one will ever fix it is idiotic)

the fix breaks PythonWin, Medusa, Zope, PIL, the current
standard library, and tons of other major libraries and
applications.

are we all Idiot programmers?  maybe.  but you obviously
have far more serious problems.  please grow up.  when
you've done that, consider posting an apology.

</F>