Which CORBA binding ?

Jody Winston josephwinston at mac.com
Mon Mar 20 09:42:35 EST 2000

mlauer at trollinger-fe.rz.uni-frankfurt.de () writes:

> Good Morning... well, for me at least, local time is 8:35...
>
> I want to use ORBit because it has python bindings. So far
> so good. But at the moment, there seem to be two different python
> bindings for ORBit available. AFAIK there is
>
> pyOrbit, hosted by the theopenlab.uml.edu, where the great
> pygnome and pygtk bindings come from,
>
> and there is
>
> ORBit-python, hosted by http://projects.sault.org/orbit-python/
>
> What's the status of these two projects, has anyone used both and
> can recommend using one of them ? Please advice, if you can.

I've used ILU for three major distributed systems.  Two of the systems
were many Python to Python, with a bit of C glue.  These two
applications used ILU's distributed garbage collection.  The third
system used Python and Visibroker (Java bindings).  ILU supports the
new CORBA bindings for Python, but I haven't used them yet.