Forth like interpreter

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 05:27:06 EST 2000

> 	It's called a VAX-11 (Virtual Addressing eXtension)... A 32-bit
> derivation of the PDP-11 instruction set, adding a few three argument
> instructions...

Hmm - "...a few..."

I still have a copy of the VAX11 Architecture Handbook. My favourite
instructions are those for queues and for variable length strings. The
latter make C look really dumb on a VAX.

Hoh-hum, CISC-nostalgia...

(Mind you, I once spent some hours debugging an application before I found
out that floating point multiply had broken (this was on a 780, where the
assembly is loaded from microcode when the machine boots).)

Tibs
--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
'Tim happens. Get used to it'. (David Ascher, on the Doc-SIG)