MySQL, Python and Odbc

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Sun Mar 19 23:39:06 EST 2000

mgates wrote:

> Question: How do I setup python to be able to query Mysql using odbc in
> Windows..
> OperationalError: ('IM002', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source
> name not found and no default driver specified', 4316)

Taking a guess, it looks like either you haven't installed the Windows
MySQL ODBC driver, or else you haven't set up a system data source
correctly.

I don't know MySQL, but I do believe I have read that there is a Windows
ODBC driver for it.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630