Failure to import "time"?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Mar 23 23:08:58 EST 2000

In article <8F00C1193hdjsdhdfh75738 at news.sshe1.sk.wave.home.com>,
Charles Cazabon <c_cazabon at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I had a fellow write to me with a problem using a piece of Python software
>I wrote.  It threw an exception for him, specifically an import exception
>while trying to import the time module.  "time" is a builtin module, and
>the documentation says "it is always available".  Well, maybe not so much.

What happens if this person runs python by itself (to get interactive
mode) and tries to import time?  Have you checked PATH and PYTHONPATH?
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Usenet is not a democracy.  It is a weird cross between an anarchy
and a dictatorship.  --Aahz