ErrorDocument 500

hUnTeR hunter at userfriendly.net
Wed Mar 1 17:16:11 EST 2000

Dear list readers -

I have run into an interesting problem, and was wondering if anyone had
seen similar behavior, or experienced the same thing. Here is the
scenario:

Python-1.5.2 currently running on a series of SGI IRIX-6.54 servers. We
were interested in seeing if Linux was a viable alternative to SGI, so
the company purchased a server, and installed RedHat-6.1
Linux-2.2.12-20. Also compiled and installed python-1,5,2 (although i
cannot verify if this was installed via RPM or via compiling from a
tarball). The company pulled down all the webpages (*.py and *.pd files)
and began to stress test the server. Statistical analysis showed the
following:

Sim. Users	Pages Served	Errors	Error Type
10		579/10minutes	13 	ErrorDocument 500
20		797/10minutes	19	ErrorDocument 500
30		...		...	...
40		...		...	...
50		...		...	...
60		1797/10minutes	48	ErrorDocument 500

Also, a successful page is served up in 5.25 seconds whereas the failure
is served up in 13.19 seconds. This all runs fine on the SGI servers,
same pages, etc.

Has anyone got any ideas of where i should look to begin to resolve
these issues? I searched the buglist and found nothing related (at least
that i thought was related). I need to figure this out, and am willing
to plug and play until i do.

Your anticipated response and assistance is appreciated.

Regards
--
Michael B. Weiner
Systems Administrator/Partner