Microthreads is now available

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Wed Mar 29 18:02:14 EST 2000

Christian Tismer (tismer at tismer.com) wrote:
> I could have included the uthreads package into the
> distribution, but this is Will Ware's kid which I cannot
> simply stick into my dist, unless he tells me to do so.

That's fine with me. I assume the logical place for uthread.py is
in the Lib directory of the distribution. Maybe u1.py should go
somewhere in the Demo area, I haven't bothered to think about that
yet.

I've prepared a source tree including the pre-Unicode CVS updates,
Stackless Python, and the microthread library, which should be
painlessly buildable, available at:
ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/wware/spc152.tgz
It's about 3.5 megabytes.

Oops, trouble: the source files for Stackless Python are still
using "//" comments, which annoy (some versions of) GCC. I've
gotten this tree to build OK under Solaris 5.5.1 but it doesn't build
under SunOS 4, and I expect I'll run into trouble on RedHat 6.1. I'll
edit the comments as needed when I figure all that out.