Newbie: req for a bit of tutorial type help.

Aesop me at my.own.computer
Sun Mar 12 08:59:31 EST 2000

Howdy,
    At risk of repeating myself, i have been using python for about 2 days
now. its been at least six years since i last looked at "C" and the old
brain has been flushed and reloaded with a lot of non programming type
things ;-)

Am trying to write a program to calculate prime numbers. Trying to do this
crossword type thing that is entirely mathematical in nature and i need a
list of prime numbers of 2 digits. Thinking this is a damned good excuse for
figuring out how to programme, again, I went off and downloaded Python.

Writing up a brute force type algorithm (no points for creative thinking on
my behalf). What i need is something that will perform divisions of the
prospective prime number, and report whether there is any "remainder". I.E
the modulus operator of C.

anyone point me to , or supply some good info for a raw recruit?

Yours in zeros and ones,
        Ambrose. S