Stackless/microthreads merge news

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Thu Mar 16 11:49:50 EST 2000

Konrad Hinsen (hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr) wrote:
> I can also imagine applications that would be
> easier to develop using massive threading - provided that it is somehow
> possible to use multiple processors.

If you don't want to migrate threads between processors, this sounds
pretty feasible. You can simply run OS threads with separate Python
interpreters on the processors, using whatever communication mechanism
you're already using to talk between the interpreters, and let each
interpreter run as many microthreads as you want. The disutility of
microthreads with regard to legacy Fortran code would remain, but
maybe you have some other application in mind.