Cookie module segmentation fault

Dan puter_programmer at my-deja.com
Thu Mar 9 15:27:36 EST 2000

I recently ran upon a case where the cookie module was seg faulting on
me.  Obviously the cookie module isn't the direct problem since it's
written in Python but it does make use of cPickle and the re module.  I
haven't traced it back to what C module is causing the problem but I do
have a cookie string that I have been able to reproduce the problem
with on two different Linux machines.

This occurs on Python 1.5.2.  I'm not sure if I have the latest cookie
module or not but the version I am using is v2.12.  If anyone needs a
copy of this module just let me know.  Here is the sample code which
seg faults:

import cookie
a = 'Searches="jszXm!\\011Search#952590835.437"'
cookie.Cookie(a)

Hope this helps someone track down a bug in the standard distribution.
Let me know if I can provide anything else.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.