Printer support questions

David Fisher python at rose164.wuh.wustl.edu
Thu Mar 23 20:01:06 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent Polk" <kent at tiamat.goathill.org>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
To: <python-list at python.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 1:49 PM
Subject: Printer support questions

> I need to get some modules I wrote running on some lab macs. They
> need to be able to print to a printer and I have absolutely no idea
> about how one prints to a mac printer from Python and haven't
> located any information on it in any of the (Mac)Python documentation.
>
> 1) How does one access a mac printer from Python?

This is a kludge but, when I first started on Python in Windows, I needed to
print.  So I wrote my output to a file and ran it through wordpad to print.
Like so:

os.system('wordpad -p printfile.txt')

I don't know what the equivelent would be for Mac, but I thought this might
help till somebody who knows what they're talking about chimes in.

Good Luck,
David