event loops and Python?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Mar 10 20:05:39 EST 2000

In article <gGfy4.1996$oN5.548168 at tw11.nn.bcandid.com>,
Kragen Sitaker <kragen at dnaco.net> wrote:

>Background: I have big mailboxes.  I want to write a mail user agent
>that feels snappy on 200MB mailboxes, which is more a matter of maximal
>response time than average response time, but involves both.  I want it
>to be tty-based.  I want it to do background processing when it's not
>responding to me.  And I don't like threads.

If you want tty, you can't use Tkinter.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Along the lines of getting a massage, taking a hot bubble bath, and
swimming in a pool of warm, melted chocolate, can you give me some
innovative ways that you pamper yourself?"
"Spend three hours flaming stupid people on the Net."  --Aahz