Python performance

Brett g Porter BgPorter at NOacmSPAM.org
Thu Mar 9 12:37:44 EST 2000

"Dan Schmidt" <dfan at harmonixmusic.com> wrote in message
news:wkd7p4ru41.fsf at turangalila.harmonixmusic.com...
> "Nick Trout" <nick at spam_me_notvideosystem.co.uk> writes:
>
> | > All worship the all-beloved, universal and mighty C!
> Actually, he didn't work on Doom, and he wrote THE ZEN OF GRAPHICS
> PROGRAMMING before he worked on Quake.
...but wrote 'Michael Abrash's Graphics Programming Black Book' after Quake
shipped, and it includes a huge discussion of the techniques used in quake.
Since Carmack has released the Q1 source, it's easy to disprove the
assertion. There are 17 *.asm files in the quake 1 source release.