Sending email from Win95 Outlook

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Mar 9 17:08:27 EST 2000

"Anders M Eriksson" <anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se> wrote in
message news:lc=HOEIriEL5CN67ZYdc0B88rS9s at 4ax.com...
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:31:57 GMT, kapu at ee.oulu.fi wrote:
>
> If you want to send the mail via Outlook you should look up MAPI and
> the PythonWin 'examples'. In the book 'Python Programming on Win32'
By
> Mark Hammond & Andy Robinson (which I soon will buy) you will find
> more info about this.

It is worth noting that MAPI only works if you have a MAPI enabled
server - basically this means you need Exchange Server or IBM Domino.

If you just have outlook express or normal outlook for internet mail,
the MAPI stuff wont work.

Although there probably is a COM object model exposed by OE, I suggest
just using the smtplib module as suggested by others...

Mark.