Returning from Tk

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Mar 27 20:29:36 EST 2000

Matthew Barre wrote:

> Strangely I have experienced what he's talking about. Even with
> widget.quit() to break out of the mainloop it freezes Python's enviroment.

Tk and SIOUX (the console window) both want to own the
menu bar and fight with each other. There seem to be other
problems with Tkinter on the Mac as well -- last time I
tried, IDLE wouldn't work (kept losing its menus). I
think that Tkinter is just plain broken on the Mac at
present.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,