Splitting comp.lang.python

rmeegan at murlmail.com rmeegan at murlmail.com
Wed Mar 1 09:07:53 EST 2000

Greetings -

I find it very hard to seperate the technical and non-technical aspects
of c.l.py. For example, are newbie questions technical? What if the
response brings up a technical aspect? Does the thread somehow move to
the correct newsgroup?

In what Tim would surely rate as no more than a <0.5 wink>, I propose
that a more useful split would be to create a seperate newsgroup for
messages that advocate the end of whitespace for block delimiting and
the addition of functional programming features, along with John
Skaller's explanations of the superiority of Viper (Vyper?) to Python.
This split alone should remove roughly 42% of the postings in any given
month.

Your humble servant,
- Robert