BaseHTTPServer, ThreadingMixIn and COM.

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at quantisci.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 09:23:23 EST 2000

Arpad Kiss wrote:

> Hi,
> The answer is in the error message you got: pywintypes.com_error:
> (-2147221008, 'CoInitialize has not been called.', None, None)
> You have to call CoInitialize in every threads before you use any other COM
> functionality.

Can you expand on this slightly...
Like, why, where, when...?

And also, now that I have it running (kind of - I can make multiple
requests - just not simultaneously), it appears that the object
referenced by ExcelApp is the same object in both threads. Not being a
COM expert I don't know whether this is a feature of the object or a bug
in my code.

Thanks,
	Paul

Business Collaborator Team