Deprecate tabs for indenting (was Re: Indenting with tabs vs spaces)

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Dec 5 00:25:42 EST 2001

Steve Lamb wrote:

>     Mixing tabs and spaces?  You just suggested mixing tabs and spaces.

No, I didn't -- not for block indentation, which
is where it matters.

> Thank you for finally seeing reason and maybe now you'll
> understand why tabs are NOT to be used.

If it's all the same to you, I think I'll continue to
use tabs for indentation and spaces for cosmetics
on the Mac, which works perfectly well with the editors
I use there, even though I should apparently be
"understanding" that it won't. :-)

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg