Copyright protections (was Re: [OT] What is Open Source? (long))

Arthur ajs at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 16 08:23:16 EDT 2002

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters  <mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote:

>>--one which is only copyrighted because of excessive >>term extensions
anyway).

Which gives me the opportunity to do some Disney
bashing, as Lawrence Lessig, director of Stanford
Law School's Center for Internet and Society

http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/

sees Disney as the corp most infuential in using its
political muscle to get term extensions passed Likes to talk about freeing
Mickey.

My own beefs with/ suspicians about Disney are
other, however - actually are related to what I
think are designs on influencing educational policy.
To its benefit, of course.

Only began to pick up on this when I got involved in edu-sig.

Art