Python for CGI scripting

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Aug 5 13:52:33 EDT 2002

"Dale Strickland-Clark" <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote in message
news:evatkuo2jnnl281vvcvhbph1c9hkp6laro at 4ax.com...
> Duncan Booth <duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Another option that works quite nicely is to run your scripts inside a
> >Python web server and use Apache's reverse proxying to merge the Python
> >stuff back into the rest of your website. This is possibly the commonest
> >configuration for running Zope (which is excellent evidence that Python
> >websites really can scale). Even though it sounds like Zope may be
overkill
> >for what you want, you could consider extracting the ZServer component
and
> >using it separately.
> >
> >Doing it this way lets you keep the Python process completely separate
from
> >the Apache server (even to run it on a separate machine if you wish) and
> >gives you freedom to run multiple python processes with simple load
> >balancing if that should become necessary.
>
> Are you trying to scare me?

Of course, one option I omitted to mention was "Buy a copy of 'Python Web
Programming' and write your own server in Python" ;-)

from-Amazon-through-the-link-below-if-you-like-ly y'rs  - steve
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/