python2-docs rpm package

Wong; Wang Fu wfwong at it.usyd.edu.au
Sat Aug 24 07:59:23 EDT 2002

Hi all,

The python2-docs rpm package downloaded from python.org claims itself
containing the info formats. However, after I installed it, it does have
html format only. Why is that? Any clues?

I have also tried to install the python2-docs-2.2-16.i386.rpm which is
come from Redhat 7.3. However, it contains all tex files. As I found a
Makefile included in the package, I tried to run make. It supposed to
generate full set of html files. Again, it failed with error messages as
below:

*** Session transcript and error messages are in
/usr/share/doc/python2-docs-2.2/html/dist/dist.how.
*** Exited with status 255.
python tools/rewrite.py texinputs/boilerplate.tex RELEASE=2.2 \
cd html && \
 python ../tools/mkmodindex --columns 4 \
        --output modindex.html --address "See <i><a
href=\"about.html\">About this document...</a></i> for information on
suggesting changes." \
        lib/modindex.html mac/modindex.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../tools/mkmodindex", line 139, in ?
    main()
  File "../tools/mkmodindex", line 94, in main
    ifp = open(ifn)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'lib/modindex.html'
make: *** [html/modindex.html] Error 1

Is there anyone who can help? I really want to use info format document.

8-(

Fu