python slowdown after a longish time of running (garbage collector)

Michal Vitecek fuf at mageo.cz
Thu Aug 29 11:20:40 EDT 2002

 hello all,

 i plan to use python for servers that should have pretty good
 throughput. however, after my test server runs for a longer time
 (constantly processing commands issued by clients) my measurements show
 that the speed of commands that it processes slowly decreases to a
 crawl. i suspect the problem is with the garbage collector.

 is it normal behaviour of python garbage collector? can i help it by
 deleting local variables in methods? is it better if i disable the
 garbage collector and run it only after a longish time?

    thank you for your ideas,

--
		fuf		(fuf at mageo.cz)