Could Python supplant Java?

getwellness4uxxx at yahoo.ca getwellness4uxxx at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 19 13:03:07 EDT 2002

What about Tcl/Tk?

You can tie in C or C++ with Tcl/Tk if you want "strong" syntax
checking in C or C++ parts with the 'glue' of Tcl/Tk?

There are many extensions or add-ons to Tcl/Tk to extend it.

js

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:12:57 GMT, Tim Tyler <tim at tt1.org> wrote:

>In comp.lang.java.advocacy Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>:> [...] built-in language support for multi-threading... Will python add
>:> it in future? Something like "synchronize:"?
>
>: Dunno. My guess is that this won't happen, as Java's syntax sugar for
>: multithreading doesn't make it particularly flexible in multithreading
>: environments, IMO.
>
>I've never heard synchronisation described as "syntax sugar" before.
>--
>__________
> |im |yler  http://timtyler.org/  tim at tt1.org

// signature ------------------------------------
Take the xxx out of my email address.

"Some will believe and rightly so, that there are other
forms of riches more desireable than money. Yes, there
are riches which can not be measured in terms of
dollars, but there are millions of people who will
say, 'Give me all the money I need, and I will find
everything else I want.' "
Napoleon Hill
See http://www.lifeforce-intl.com/134808

Improve your life, health and wealth awaits for you.