How to find out if february has 29 or 28 days ?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Aug 2 13:39:26 EDT 2002

<m.laranjeira at datacraft.com.br> writes:

>     Marcus> I use the mx.DateTime package, and I need to know if in
>     Marcus> one particular year has a february with 28 or 29 days ? I
>     Marcus> don't know how to do that !
>

> Here's one way....
>
> import mx.DateTime
>
> def is_leapyear(year):
>     try:
>         d = mx.DateTime.DateTime(year,2,29)
>         return 1
>     except mx.DateTime.mxDateTime.RangeError:
>         return 0
>
> print is_leapyear(2000)
> print is_leapyear(2002)

Another way is to RTFM :-) From the mx.DateTime documentation on DateTime
instance variables:

is_leapyear
Returns 1 iff the instances value points to a leap year in the Gregorian
calendar.
regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/