email auto-responder

Clemens Hermann haribeau at gmx.de
Mon Aug 5 04:00:40 EDT 2002

Hi Sheila

> > On the ISP machine there is running qmail but I only get the mails
> > _after_  getmail has fetched them via pop3.
>
> If you have access to your .qmail files on the ISP, and are able to
> install and run scripts on their machine, it would be very easy to
> invoke the Python scripts (if they have Python installed). I have done
> this on my webhost and can give tips on how to do it.

this would be quite isteresting. My initial intention was to write
somthing that could be used only with a pop3 accesss because it seemd
to me as if there is no solution around for this and many many people
will only have pop3 available.

but nevertheless I would be quite isterested in how you are doing the
autoresponding via .qmail.

thanks in advance

/ch