ANN: Snakelets 1.5 (simple-to-use web app server with dynamic pages)
Irmen de Jong
irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 23 00:00:27 CEST 2003
I'm happy to say that Snakelets 1.5 is now available.
You can download it from http://snakelets.sourceforge.net
(go to the SF project site, and then the file section).
Changes since 1.4:
- global URL prefix added
- @inherit and @pagemethod for Ypages, incl. test/example
- redirects/include with POST requests work
- better page output encoding handling (escaping)
- fixed specially encoded (UTF-8) form submits, added test/example
- query args are parsed better
Snakelets is a simple Python web application server.
This project provides a threaded web server, Ypages (HTML+Python
language, similar to Java's JSPs) and Snakelets: code-centric page
request handlers (similar to Java's Servlets).
Before you all rightfully scream "not another Python web server and HTML-
language" let me say that Snakelet's focus is on understanding the way
dynamic web sites are created (the code is very compact and easy to
understand), and make this process as easy as possible.
Snakelets is not meant to be a true platform to develop applications on
(altough bugs and stability issues will be addressed ofcourse,
and that is seems to be fast and stable as it is ;-)
The download includes a few example web applications:
- mp3 indexer and streamer
- user login/account demo app
- online shop
- powerful server/webapp management tool to manage itself :-)
To start, just start the 'serv.py' script.
Snakelets is released under the open-source MIT Software license.
--Irmen de Jong
More information about the Python-list