Tkinter Canvas/Grid question

Michael Peuser mpeuser at web.de
Thu Sep 11 10:10:09 EDT 2003

"Jeff Epler" <jepler at unpythonic.net>

Thank you for the comprehensive explanations you gave I was to lazy to do
;-)
In addition I should like to point out a chapter from Nancy Walsh's book
"Learning Perl/Tk" where one can find a lot of information about the
different geometry managers (no prejudices against Perl I hope?)
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lperltk/chapter/ch02.html

> The other problem you may run into (I haven't run your code, but with
> many levels of widget present, this may be a problem) is that each
> level of the widget tree between this one containing the canvas, and the
> Toplevel() or Tk() above it, must also be configured so that they will
> expand to consume any extra available space

This had been one of the problems, so I suggested to use an appropriate
paramtrized pack on the higher level for simplicity.

Kindly
Michael P