Python port to Swiss Ephemeris work with 2.3?

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Fri Sep 5 23:14:59 EDT 2003

Quoting John Roth (newsgroups at jhrothjr.com):
> You need to recompile using the same compiler that Python was
> compiled with (I believe that's VC 6 for the Windows version.)
> Extension modules ***always*** need to be recompiled for major
> Python releases.

Is that really true under Windows? It's not true on Unix releases:
Guido takes exquisite care to make sure that Python releases are
binary-compatible. Is it possible that moving the file around somehow
might make Python sufficiently aware?

--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts <geoff at gerrietts dot net>
-rw-rw-rw-:         permissions of the beast