Embedded Perl or Python (XPost)

Chris rebel at removethis.rebel.com.au
Sat Sep 6 01:27:19 EDT 2003

Hi Cameron

Thanks for the interest.

when I say smallest footprint its because to me size does matter :)

I like my apps to be as small as possible for easy delivery.

So for example if PERL "requires" the whole package to be present then
it would be too bloated

I would like just a small as possible DLL or possibly statically link
the interpreter into my app with minimum external files

so my concerns are
can it be done
which will do it better
which will be faster. (some of the scripts will be called many times so
compounding speed is an issue) can I precompile to decrease load times ?
which will be the smallest in size?

Chris

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) wrote in
news:vlgkb4dtchna9e at corp.supernews.com: