string.encode on HP-UX
richardt at edshk.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 10:09:22 CEST 2004
In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0407221014000.30237-100000 at ccc2.wpi.edu>,
Christopher T King <squirrel at WPI.EDU> writes
>Oops, I had only tested it at the prompt :P I had assumed sitecustomize.py
>was run after everything was set up.
>This code uses a more defined interface for altering the codecs registry,
>uses 'ascii' instead of 'latin_1' (to prevent some confusion), and
>I've actually tested it in sitecustomize.py:
> if n=='roman8':
> return codecs.lookup('ascii')
>This achieves the same effect as the aliases trick (which I'm surprised
>didn't work for you at the prompt), but is less tricksy and should
>therefore work better.
Thanks for your new suggestion. I have tested it on HP-UX and it doesn't
raise the exception anymore.
More information about the Python-list