Inheriting Classes Across Files

Tina bad_addy at no_domain.com
Thu Mar 25 18:59:12 EST 2004

I tried that as I understand it. I'm sure I'm making a silly error in all
this. Here is a simple example of what I'm trying:

  --- (File super_class.py) ---

class base_class:

  def sample():
    return "Returned!"

  --- (File sub_class.py) ---

import super_class

class derived_class(base_class):

  def sample2():
    return "Returned Twice!"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tina/python/test/sub_class.py", line 3, in -toplevel-
    class derived_class(base_class):
NameError: name 'base_class' is not defined