ready to use python, need help with GUI decision

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Mar 6 20:09:25 EST 2004

Ed Cogburn wrote:

> David McNab wrote:
>
>> My personal favourite is Tkinter, with the 'steroids' that go by the
>> name of PMW.
>
> Have you also tried wxPython?  I'm not advocating, just want to know if
> you've also tried "the other one".  :)  What does PMW do for Tkinter?
> I've seen opinions suggesting wxPython was "better" than (standard)
> Tkinter, but I've never seen PMW mentioned before when comparing the
> two.  If you've used wxPython previously, how does Tkinter+PMW compare
> to it?  Anyone?

I've used both, and didn't find PMW any more compelling than I found
Tkinter alone.  I still find that wxPython fits my brain better and
gives me better results.  This, however, is an area where individual
mileage definitely varies, based on past reports here that strongly
support either the one or the other approach depending on who's writing.

-Peter