Python & the job market

kbass kbass at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Mar 13 18:44:06 EST 2004

I am starting to learn Python but I want to know how the job market looks
for programming using Python. I really don't see many jobs (probably one or
two) that require Python experience at all. Most DBA and SA positions that I
have seen require Perl and most development position require Java or C++ so
how can learning Python benefit my career if there are little to no chance
that an employer will require the use of Python or consider using Python
over other programming languages such as Java?

kbass