SOLVED: Re: ftplib - uploading files using transfercmd?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Mon Mar 22 18:05:48 EST 2004

OK, I finally figured out how to fix my problems with the FTP commands
being issued in the wrong order - after I've finished uploading the
file, I have to call ftplib.voidresp().

Is it possible to get this added as a note to the docs for
ftplib.transfercmd()?  IIUC, you must always call ftp.voidresp() after
uploading a file using transfercmd(), and if that's the case, then I
think it'd be helpful to add a note about it in the ftplib docs so
that the next person to come along and try something like this doesn't
run into the same problem.

Thanks,

Kevin