A 'Python like' language

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Fri Mar 26 15:39:50 EST 2004

"D Martin" <dgmartin98.REMOVEME at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ax%8c.9470$wg1.4018 at edtnps84...

> 3 solutions:
>
> 1. Use spaces instead of tabs.  Hit the space bar yourself, or an editor
> that replaces tabs with spaces.
> 2. Include as a .py or text file instead of inline.
> 3. Get a different email program.

All of these fail for one simple reason. Let's hit
the chorus, guys:

"We're right, everybody else needs to change..."

The hard fact is, lots of utility programs treat
tabs in wild and wonderful ways, many of which
are not under the control of the user. There's
a reason why the Python standard is spaces, and
why tabs will be eliminated as an option in 3.0.

John Roth