Converting office files to PDF

Peter Maas fpetermaas at netscape.net
Wed Mar 3 04:24:27 EST 2004

Goermezer, Mustafa (PROSTE) schrieb:
> with CoInitializeEx it is possible for word, excel or powerpont to run in
> multiple instances. So you can build a webbased converter to convert Office
> documents with spyce and mod_python (I have tested it, it runs fine !):
[...]
> Ghost() #ghostscript-command to convert created postscript file to PDF
> pythoncom.CoUninitialize()
>
> A ready script to convert files in commandline is on my homepage
> www.goermezer.de.

Just for info: OpenOffice 1.1 can be started as a server, is Python
scriptable and has a builtin PDF Export. See for example

http://delta-flyer.musc.edu/ooconvert/

This solution fas the advantage to be available not only on the
Windows platform.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Hubert-Wienen-Str. 24
Tel +49-241-93878-0 Fax +49-241-93878-20 eMail peter.maas at mplusr.de