A 'Python like' language

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at poste.it
Sat Mar 27 13:53:06 EST 2004

David MacQuigg <dmq at gain.com> wrote in message news:<mn8b605pa1s3hjjp7edqrbvlphc8sligai at 4ax.com>...
> This is a small problem with a simple solution (see my earlier post),
> and one that will retain the advantages of tabs.

Just to be clear, the previous one was a rethorical question. Use any
editor
with decent Python support and pressing the tab key will insert four
spaces,
indenting your code just fine. Even if you are using Notepad on
Windows, it is
best if you use spaces, otherwise you risk to be beaten by Outlook
Express the Tabs Eater.
Plus, the size of a tab (8 spaces? 4 spaces?) and the output you get
is totally dependent on the system you are using. Seriously, even
doing an effort I cannot imagine a single advantage of tabs. Tabs are
evil.
They are an historical wart, they should just be banned from modern
computing.

                Michele Simionato