Question please

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Mar 6 20:06:54 EST 2004

Abe and Barb K. wrote:
> I have a new HP computer that seems to have come with Python 2.2 with
> win32 extensions software.
>
> I'm not a programmer or tech and would like to know if I can just remove
> this software without affecting anything in my system as it is taking up
> space if I'm not going to use it?

It's probably part of some system maintenance utilities that HP
includes, and you're best off leaving it alone.  There's a note in the
Python FAQ at www.python.org that mentions this sort of thing in case
you're interested.

Besides, as this is a new computer, it's very likely that the disk space
being taken up by Python is a small fraction of one percent of the
total, and you're really not gaining anything significant by doing this.
  It ain't broke, so don't "fix" it.

-Peter