OFF-TOPIC:: Why Lisp is not my favorite programming language

goose ruse at webmail.co.za
Fri Mar 5 06:29:00 EST 2004

nish20 at netzero.net (Mike Nishizawa) wrote in message news:<d771b842.0403040735.3b5200ae at posting.google.com>...

please dont top-post.
tia.

> These posts are like big huge neon signs that say, "I'm IGNORANT."

So is the post I am now responding to!

At the risk of offending you, are you sure that your last 3 years
as a programmer have properly equipped you to make informed
decisions like the ones you've made below?

<snipped>

> quite robust.  For instance, C is great if you are going to develop
> software for 1 platform.  However, if you are developing software for
> multiple platforms, Java is a better choice.

Pick a fairly simple application ... lets say a tic-tac-toe
game. Are you certain that the game implemented in java will
run on more platforms than the same game implemented in ANSI
C?

C has many many weaknesses; platform dependence is /not/ one of
them.

<snipped stuff I am in agreement with>

goose,