get notepad on windows to front via tcp-server

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Tue Mar 2 11:33:36 EST 2004

You can use win32process to start the app which
gives you much more control over window size,
environment, etc.:

import win32process

STARTUPINFO=win32process.STARTUPINFO()
STARTUPINFO.dwX=0
STARTUPINFO.dwY=0
STARTUPINFO.dwXSize=800  # Horizontal window size
STARTUPINFO.dwYSize=600  # Vertical window size
commandLine=None
processAttributes=None
threadAttributes=None
bInheritHandles=0
dwCreationFlags=0
newEnvironment=None
currentDirectory="C:\\"

#
# Start the program
#
win32process.CreateProcess('C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\notepad.exe',
                           commandLine,
                           processAttributes,
                           threadAttributes,
                           bInheritHandles,