A 'Python like' language

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Mar 27 08:58:44 EST 2004

    D> 3 solutions:

    D> 1. Use spaces instead of tabs.  Hit the space bar yourself, or an
    D>    editor that replaces tabs with spaces.

Won't work.  Prothon requires tabs.

    D> 2. Include as a .py or text file instead of inline.

Thanks to Microsoft, attachments frequently don't pass through mail servers
these days.  I know I filter all attachments out of a couple small mailing
lists I manage.

    D> 3. Get a different email program.

That would be the tail wagging the dog.  I suspect everybody writes far more
email which doesn't include programs.  They should be able to use whatever
email program suits them best.

At any rate, I agree with John that the Prothon folks got this particular
bit dead wrong.  If they wanted to avoid tab/space problems they should have
required that all indentation use only spaces, not only tabs.

Skip