Python & the job market

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Mar 13 19:56:23 EST 2004

In article <a1N4c.13582$8G2.5059 at fe3.columbus.rr.com>,
kbass <kbass at midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

>I am starting to learn Python but I want to know how the job market
>looks for programming using Python. I really don't see many jobs
>(probably one or two) that require Python experience at all. Most DBA
>and SA positions that I have seen require Perl and most development
>position require Java or C++ so how can learning Python benefit my
>career if there are little to no chance that an employer will require
>the use of Python or consider using Python over other programming
>languages such as Java?

Have you looked at http://www.python.org/Jobs.html ?

In general, jobs that require programming but not as a primary skill
(such as DBA and SA positions) allow one the opportunity to add Python
gradually and silently.  They're easier than straight programming jobs in
some respects because projects tend to be smaller and less visible.

"usenet imitates usenet"  --Darkhawk