PEP 318 - posting draft

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at poste.it
Wed Mar 24 00:20:34 EST 2004

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.292.1080061340.742.python-list at python.org>...
> Here's the current state of PEP 318.
<supercut>

I have no strong opinion about "[]" vs. "as", so brackets can go.
However, may I suggest that (for Python 2.4) we only implement
single decorators for functions only? The order of application in the
case of multiple decorators is not obvious and actually I am not convinced
the current proposal is the best one for the multiple decorator case.
So, I will stick to the original PEP request (single decorators for
functions) for Python 2.4, leaving further extensions
(I want further extensions, but not *right* now) for the future.
We need more thinking and experience with the multiple decorator
syntax before adding it to the language.

Just my $0.02,

                             Michele Simionato