Newbie Python (Game) Programming Question

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Wed Mar 17 17:28:26 EST 2004

"Tina" <bad_addy at no_domain.com> wrote in message
news:QX36c.26341$%06.21748 at newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Thanks to both of you. I'm very much a Python newbie and the ability to
make
> things callable wasn't addressed too well/at all in either of the Python
> books I'm learning from.
>
> Are there any good pages for RPG related items in Python? Everything I've
> seen so far has been first-person shooter type stuff. And coming from a
> BASIC background, I'm falling back on some of that coding style when I
know
> there's a better way.

For general interactive fiction, see the rec.arts.int-fiction newsgroup
and check out the periodic FAQ posting. There are two Python
interactive fiction systems: PAWS (Python Adventure Writing System)
and PUB (Python Universe Builder). Neither one is very popular, but they
may give you some ideas.

John Roth