Minimal distro requirements for standalone python program....

jeuxal_com informlant at citenet.net
Mon Mar 1 13:10:00 EST 2004

Hi,

I need to add a python program (web updater+extras) with a window
application.
The same thing as the Online Lord of the Ring game lotrtcg.decipher.com.
When you install their application, it create a subdirectory with very few
python files*.dll,*.pyd,*.pyc.:

_socket.pyd
_sre.pyd
_tkinter.pyd
(laucher.pyc)
(lotrotcglaucher.exe)
python22.dll
PyWinTypes22.dll
tcl83.dll
tk83.dll
win32api.pyd
xlib.pyd
_MEI\...

Context: I want to add some python capabilities to my application, but not
force the user to install the full python distro.
Questions:
    1- Are these files sufficient? (Too simple to be true!)
    2- Is their some registry/path entries do perform to setup a minimal
python runtime?

Other ideas, examples of how to do it in a simple way?

Thanks
AL